Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bag Searchs

Have you ever had your bag searched at the supermarket? I bet you have. Have you ever refused? A woman in front of me refused today and was told by the check out chick that the supermarket (Aldi's) had a legal right to search people's bags. I was flabbergasted. I don't think the girl was lying, she was just repeating what Aldi's had told her-a blatant lie. If you are in doubt of your rights check out the consumer affairs website.

This raises the question of what else they are lying about. Are they telling their staff they are legally obliged to work free overtime? That if a customer breaks something it comes out of their pay? Where does it end. Truth is the first casualty of war and it seems that Aldi's regard the supermarket business as a war on their employees and customers.

The Sydney Morning Herald posted a funny photo on this topic a few years ago. I wonder when Aldi's will be placing storm troopers at the checkout?

No comments: