Saturday, August 30, 2008

Economists

I should have been an economist. I'm sure you have noticed that they never agree with each other but have you noticed that they are never right.

Economists claim that economics is a science. Let's think about that. Physics is a science. Using the laws of physics I can predict the motion of the earth around the sun. If the laws failed to do this we would call physics (or at least that law) a failure. If economics is a science it should be able to do the same thing. It should be able to predict the price of oil tomorrow. Whoops, it can't. It can only predict what has already happened. Is this science? I don't think so-unless gambling is now a science as well.

So, next time an economist starts talking just remember that he actually knows less than your bookie. Both professions making lots of money out of the gamblers.

No comments: